Assessments and Therapy are provided in our Tarrawanna Clinic or through Telehealth.
PLEASE NOTE: Clinic-based services are offered in line with current COVID restrictions and our COVID-SAFE policy. If you are unwell on the day of your appointment please notify us immediately and we can discuss whether Telehealth is an appropriate alternative.
In order to provide the highest quality therapy we:
- collect a detailed case history,
- conduct a thorough assessment,
- analyse assessment results
- provide a comprehensive assessment report
- work closely with families to plan and deliver therapy to best support each client
- provide resources and strategies for families to continue to support their child at home between appointments
A GP referral IS NOT required to access speech pathology services.
Many families, however, contact a speech pathologist following a recommendation from their child’s early childhood teacher, classroom teacher, community health nurse, GP, Paediatrician or other health care professional who has had an opportunity to observe their speech, language or general communication development.
Talk Write Speech Pathology can provide therapy to:
- Privately funded clients (those paying personally for therapy)
- Medicare funded clients (using a Chronic Disease Managment Plan)
- Health Fund Subsidised Clients (those wishing to claim a rebate through their Health Fund – please check with your health fund for levels of cover).
- Self-managed or Plan Managed clients on the NDIS
- PLEASE NOTE: We are not able to provide support to NDIS clients who are NDIA managed.